Dear NDB Families,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
I am happy to report that our students returned to NDB full of excitement and energy as they began their first full week!
We have welcomed 115 into the freshmen class and NDB sisterhood, and I am confident that these young women will make their positive mark on Notre Dame. We have also welcomed 12 transfer students in grades 10 and 11. A hearty welcome to you all!
Back to School Night is just around the corner (Thursday, September 6th) where you will meet our new and returning teachers and staff members. I am always impressed by the innovative approach I am seeing in the classroom, and remain grateful for our excellent, professional, and caring faculty and staff.
We have some exciting updates in many parts of the physical school to keep up with our growing student body. You will be on campus soon to see many of the changes/improvements, but let me give you a sneak preview:
- The two main girls bathrooms on the first and second floors have been completely renovated, and the response from the students has been overwhelmingly enthusiastic. (It’s not that often that bathrooms receive such positive praise!)
- The floor in the Moore Pavilion has been completely re-surfaced since it’s installation 15 years ago. We also changed the design on the gym floor, showing off NDB’s updated logo.
- We have installed an automated 18’ x 6’ screen in the Moore that will be greatly appreciated when we have school gatherings, rallies and liturgies.
- Hallways in the main school building received a touch up with fresh paint, and the first floor of the main building has a totally new look since we removed the carpeting on the walls!
So yes, we hope that you and your daughters will enjoy the improvements made, but please know that the most important component of the NDB experience will remain unchanged: the personal care and encouragement your daughters will receive, as together, we help them grow into their most authentic selves.
I look forward to many opportunities to meet you. I encourage you to attend my monthlyHead of School Coffees on the first Friday of the month at 8:30 in the Parlor. The first Coffee will be on Friday, September 7th. Besides this monthly gathering, I invite you to attend our other parent activities:
- Moms and Dads Clubs meet monthly (check the website calendar for dates and times); we are hosting a fun “We Love Our Parents" party (parents and guardians only) on September 29th.
- Boosters Club will sponsor the annual Crab and Casino on Saturday, February 2nd.
- Finally, you won’t want to miss this year’s Auction and Dinner on March 9th!
As we begin this new school year, we pray that our Good God and St. Julie will bless your daughters as they embark on abundant opportunities and challenges this year.
In Notre Dame,